This is a reminder that ALL coaches must be certified in the age group you are coaching up to U10. If you are a U12 Coach you should still take the U10 coach certification classes if you have not already done so.
There are U6, U8 and U10 online courses that you can take. The U10 coach MUST take the Field Session in addition to the online course to be certified.
Here is a link to the Online Training: http://www.aysotraining.org/ If you prefer to take a classroom course, I am offering the following classes: (you will need to regiser for these in eAYSO): https://www.eayso.org/
All coaches who take the classroom course will be given the U8 or U10 Coach Manual.
|U8 Coaching Course||Wednesday August 22nd||6:30pm - 7:30pm||Clubhouse at the Crossing: 4465 So. Larwin|
|U10 Coaching Course||Wednesday August 22nd||7:30pm - 8:30pm||Clubhouse at the Crossing: 4465 So. Larwin|
|U8 Field Session||Saturday August 25th:||9am - 10am||Field: tbd|
|***U10 Field Session-1||Saturday August 25th||10am - 11am||Field: tbd|
|***U10 Field Session-2||Tuesday August 28th||6:30pm - 7:30pm||Field: tbd|
***(mandatory for full U10 Certification)
At Picture Day on Sunday September 9th, all coaches will have their pictures taken and will be given an ID with their Coach Certification listed. Please make sure you are all certified!
U7-U14 Coach Update for Fall 2012
Thank you again for coaching! We are so excited that we will be starting the season soon. Here are a few very important administrative tasks that need to be done before you start practicing with your team:
Requirements for all Coaches :
- Step 1 - Sign up as Volunteer in eAYSO. (This is required to be completed every year for all volunteers (even board members must renew their eAYSO forms annually). This process will also renew/create your eAYSO ID which you will need to take your training classes. Go to www.eayso.org to register as a volunteer.
- Step 2 - Mandatory online Training - log into www.aysotraining.org/ (you will need your eAYSO ID from step 1 to log into all AYSO online courses)
- AYSO Safe Haven online course - this is required to be completed for all volunteers at least one time. It is a short course that outlines the important elements around protecting our children as well as yourselves.
- U7-U10 coaches - as part of our efforts to improve our coaches AYSO requires you obtain your official AYSO coach certification for the 2012 fall season.
- U7 and U8 coaches: You can certify by taking the online U8 course in the same AYSO training site you take your safe have course.
- U10 coaches: you must take the U10 online course AND you must also sign up for a field training session as well. You can see the field training courses available in the Area by logging intowww.eayso.org and clicking on "enroll in a course"
- U12-U19 Coaches - no-charge classroom training sessions are also offered locally which you can sign up for using www.eyaso.org and clicking on "enroll in a course" and searching for your age groups (U12, Intermediate for U14, Advanced for U16/U19).
- Not sure if you have taken the courses previously? You can view all your certifications in www.eayso.com
- Step 3- Download the Medical Release Forms (MRFs): Starting on July 31st you will be able to view your team roster, MRFs, etc. online in In-league. You will need MRFs for signed by the responsible parent for each player on your team. The parents can print out the forms, sign them and give them to you or you can print them out have them signed in blue ink at your team meeting. You need to have your MRFs with you at every practice and game (we will be doing spot checks of these forms at practices and games).
- Step 4 - Download the Zero Tolerance Form from in-league. This form needs to be signed by each coach and parent on your team and is your agreement to respect the referees and not dissent or question their calls regardless if you agree with them or not. Referees are volunteers too and without them we cannot play the game safely. Please keep these signed forms with you at all times
- Sunday September 9th is Picture Day. If you have not picked up your picture day forms please send us an email. All coaches and assistant coaches will also have their pictures taken for their Coach ID card which they will be able to wear to every game. This will help the refs, board members, parents, and other coaches easily identify the "official" coaches for the teams.
Division Coordinators: (These are your first point of contact for general coordination and information as well as people to whom you will send your Online Team Volunteer Form to receive your uniforms and team country names)
U8G:Looking for volunteer still if you are interested?
U12B: Jaimee Evans
U16/ U19: David King
- Practice Schedule and Fields per age group: (Monday - Thursday 5pm - 8pm, Saturday: 8am - 5pm)
- U7/U8 Boatwright #2 and Mt. Diablo Elementary School
- U10 Ayers and Mountain View Elementary
- U12 CCP2, CCP3 and Highlands
- U14/ U16/ U19 Newhall 1 (near Ayers), CCP1 and Pine Hollow
****Please send in your practice times and days you would like to: email@example.com You will receive approval from our fields coordinator
(All this information will be posted under the "Coaches" tab on www.mdosccer.org)
Thank You for coaching! It is a very rewarding experience
Becoming a Coach
- It's FUN.
- It's a great break from work.
- It makes you feel good.
- It's a great way to put something back into the community.
- Social Oriented
- Task Oriented
- Goal Oriented
- Attend pre-season and mid-season coach meetings.
- Attend pre-season coach training offered at no cost by the region.
- Complete Safe Haven training prior to working with players. (This is a one-time, mandatory obligation.)
- Hold pre-season meeting with families. (Introductions, roster and schedule distribution. Discuss expectations.)
- Solicit volunteers, especially assistant coach, team referee, and team representative.
- Conduct pre-season and mid-season practices.
- Complete player evaluations. (U8-U14 divisions only.)
- Ensure the kids all have fun!
- AYSO Incident Report Form and Directions
- Insurance Forms
- AYSO Participation Release forms
- AYSO General Release Form
- Mt. Diablo Soccer Heat Safety Guidelines
- Parent Athlete Concussion information sheet
- CDC Heads Up Concussion Action Plan
- AYSO Safety Overview
The AYSO Incident Report Form is used whenever there is a personal injury, damaged property, or threats of or actual physical violence surrounding an AYSO game, practice, event or property. The form should be prepared by the Coach, AYSO Official, or other AYSO Volunteer. The form may also be prepared by a member of the regional staff such as the regional safety director, or by tournament or event staff members.